DOWNLOAD THE JOB APPLICATION FORM: click here
Step 1 – Requirements
· EU and US citizens only
· a CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL teaching qualification (a grade ‘A’ or ‘B’ qualification is preferred but not essential)
· A degree
· Non-native speaker teachers additionally need either a BA or MA degree in English Philology (this counts for the degree requirement) and/or a Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
· Previous teaching experience is desirable but not essential
· Commitment to professional development
· A high level of professionalism
· Strong people skills and the ability to work as part of a teaching team
· A positive, friendly, open personality
Step 2 – The application process
· If you want to apply for a position, send our internal application (there is a link at the top of the page), your current CV and a covering email to: email@example.com (only applications from appropriately qualified teachers will receive a reply·
· If your application is interesting to the school, the next stage is an interview. Interviews can be held face-to-face or on skype (with a webcam).
· If the interview is successful, you will be sent an offer for your consideration along with a deadline for your reply.
Step 3 – Travel, arrival and accommodation (foreign teachers only)
· You are responsible for making your own travel arrangements. Most teachers fly to Katowice or Krakow airports with Wizz Air (see www.wizzair.com), Ryanair (see www.ryanair.com/en/) or EasyJet (see www.easyjet.com/en) from London (all airports), or other cities in the UK.
Please try to book flights which arrive at reasonable times and not very late at night or early in the morning. The school can arrange the school driver to collect you, for a reasonable fee (paid by the teacher), from Katowice or Krakow airport. If you elect not to use this service you will be given advice about how to get to Bielsko-Biala and you will be collected at the main bus or train station and taken to your accommodation. The teacher is responsible for paying their own travel costs between the airport and the main stations in this case. On arrival you will be given a free food pack and a map of Bielsko-Biala.
· The school will help you with finding a flat (single or shared). It can either be done in advance by the school sending you information and photos of possible flats by email or it can be done on arrival with the school making appointments for you to view flats available. The flat contract is signed directly between the teacher and the landlord.
Step 4 – Induction programme (3 - 4 days)
· Input sessions giving you more detailed information about working at the school
· Being introduced to the School Director, senior staff and administrative staff
· The opportunity to meet and talk with the school’s returning teachers
· Getting your timetable and sets of materials for the courses you will be teaching
·Taking part in our annual back-to-school party!
You are paid for this induction period at the rate stated in the pay scale