Our Delta courses
Our Teacher Training Centre provides a full range of courses for the Cambridge Delta modules.
Module Two / Module One and Two course – full-time
• This eight-week course takes place in Wroclaw in July and August every year – see Dates and fees for the exact dates of the next course.
• It is suitable both for candidates wishing to take Module Two only and for those wishing focus on both Modules One and Two.
• There is a reduced course fee for those candidates pursuing Module Two only.
• About 75-80% of input sessions focus on ELT theory and practice and the requirements of Module Two, while the remaining 20-25% are dedicated to training and practice for the Module One exam.
• For those candidates wishing to focus exclusively on Module Two, the eight-week format allows for a more developmental focus: there's time for additional, unassessed observations, more time for research, essay writing and lesson planning (particularly in advance of the all-important external!), and greater scope for resubmission of assessed elements.
• The course includes three hours of input and two hours of teaching practice every day, in addition to independent reading, research, essay writing and lesson preparation.
• Candidates work alongside at least two experienced tutors, typically in groups of six.
Module One preparation course – online
• This is a twelve-week online course which will prepare your for the Module One exam, wherever you are in the world.
• Courses start in March and September each year, in preparation for the June and December exam sessions – see Dates and fees for the exact dates of this year's courses.
• Course participants are provided with access to an e-learning platform which contains all study materials and allows communication with tutors and other course participants.
• Work on the course involves reading, self-study, participation in online discussions, guided exam practice, and feedback.
Module One preparation course – face-to-face (part-time)
• This is a part-time face-to-face course which will prepare you for the Module One exam, run in Wrocław.
• The course consists of four full weekends at two-week intervals: 30-31 March, 13-14 April, 27-28 April, 11-12 May 2019.
• Work on the course involves participation in input sessions, reading, self-study, guided exam practice, and feedback.
Module Three preparation course – online
• This is a ten-week online course which will help you to produce your extended assignment for Module Three.
• Courses start in spring and autumn each year, in preparation for the June and December submission dates – see Dates and fees for the exact dates of this year's courses.
• For this module you will select your own specialist subject to focus on. We will assign you a tutor with specialist knowledge in your chosen area to guide you in making decisions and provide you with informed feedback on the various parts of your assignment.